Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

GratiTuesday - My Mother-in-Law


This past week we had issues.  I was feeling decidedly under the weather, and with the weather outside being unseasonably gorgeous, we all wanted to be outside.

I figured we'd change our plans and the kids would play independently - which they love to do - when my mother-in-law called unexpectedly and asked to visit.

While at our house, she asked if she could take the kids home with her to play for the afternoon.  The kids love visiting their grandparents.  I wasn't up to hardcore kid play and a from-scratch dinner, so it was truly a win-win situation for our little family - and a complete surprise.

So this week, I'm grateful for family.  I'm grateful for the flexibility to hold off on tasks when I can't get them done and for a family who'd rather I feel better than live dust-free.  I'm grateful for husbands who eat boxed beans and rice without complaining and for children who are happy spending time with family.  I'm grateful for a mother-in-law who's willing to change her plans at the last minute and help me out when I'm not up to par.  

For more GratiTuesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment