Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

GratiTuesday - A Short Walk


Eight years ago today, on a rainy day in Ferguson Valley, I went for a little walk with my dad.  It looked something like this ...

and ended here ...


It wasn't very long before we had moved to make room for this gift ...


and then only 25 months later,


we had a pair.

Since then, there have been times when we feel like this ...


and others when it seems like life has thrown a few sweet potatoes our way ...


but, as God promises, He is working all things together for our good.


Now, we're more like this ...


and like this, and that keeps us pretty busy.  We're okay with that.

(But this past weekend, to celebrate this eight-year anniversary, my husband surprised me with a child-free weekend at the beach.  I'm okay with that, too.)


So today, I'm grateful for my husband, who still looks for little ways to surprise me.  I'm grateful for eight years with him and all that it's brought us.  I'm grateful for the time that we still have - may it be lots and lots more eights - and all that those years will bring, good times and not-so-good, because we grow closer together through it all.  I'm grateful for that little walk I went on eight years ago that so changed my life - I can't imagine life without my Wonderful Husband beside me.

For more GratiTuesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment