Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

GratiTuesday - Sick Kids


While out grocery shopping last night I got a phone call from my husband calling me home.  Our Big Helper suddenly got sick - those tummy yuckies - and was asking for me.  Not knowing how bad this bout would be, I decided that I didn't have anything too urgent already in my cart and headed for home.

I arrived to find a smiling yet sick little girl who just wanted to be near mommy.  After getting comfy and settled in bed, she's slept all night - but still doesn't feel back to her usual self.

So today, I'm thankful that we had nothing planned for these last few days before school begins except to spend time together.  I'm thankful that I no longer work full-time and can be here at home when my kids need me.  I'm thankful for the time we'll have together today, and although I wish she wasn't sick, we'll have fun reading more Magic Tree House books and watching Peter Pan.

So with that - I'm off to hang out with my little ones.  Sick or not, it's definitely my favorite place to be!

**Update:  My Little Man wandered in to the kitchen a few minutes ago while our Big Helper was watching a movie and said that he was hungry.  He chose cereal for breakfast, and while I got it ready, he asked to take it into the play room where the movie was playing.  I explained that it would be better to eat it in the kitchen so as not to eat in front of his sick sister.  He quickly replied, "Oh, I wouldn't.  I would eat BEHIND her!"


Gotta love little ones and their literal translations!  :-D

For more GratiTuesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. I love those precious moments like that. Kids grow entirely too fast so its a blessing to be able to stay home with them.

    ReplyDelete