Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

GratiTuesday - A Horse, of Course!


On Saturday a surprise arrived at my in-laws' house - a white horse named Belle!  My in-laws are stabling her for one of their other grandchildren who live out of town, and they are doing so in order for all of the grandchildren to enjoy her.


Having always wanted to learn to ride, I'm excited that my children will have this chance!


While both children were eager to feed her when she first arrived, only My Big Helper wanted to try to ride her today.  She thought she'd like to start by just sitting in the saddle, but after a few moments, the riding expert started leading her off ...


She rode all the way around the meadow twice, and while she asked to get down a few times, she was smiling from ear to ear the whole time!

So today I'm grateful for generous in-laws and gentle horses, for brave little girls and kind friends willing to share their knowledge.  I'm grateful for the rain that held off and allowed us to spend the afternoon with Belle and for children excited to be with each other and the horse.

Isn't she just beautiful??

What are YOU grateful for today?


For more GratiTuesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment