Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, September 26, 2011

Multitudes on Monday - September 26, 2011


It has been such a good week here.  Hectic and crazy busy, which is unusual for us, but good.



The highlight of the week came at the end for me - when I traveled with my morning walking buddy to Charlotte for Women of Faith.  More about that later this week! (But not only did we have a fabulous time - but our tickets were free!)

In addition to the trip itself, two of my other friends stepped in and took care of my children on Friday so that I could go to the conference.  They took care of meals and picking up the Big Helper from school and even arranged a play date for them.  They had a wonderful time!

Often coming home from these types of trips is crazy because you never know what state you'll find your house in when you return.  This time, however, I came home to a sleeping family and a full dish drainer - of clean dishes!  The children were fed, bathed, ready for church the next morning - and the dishes were done, too.  Thanks, Dave!


If you've ever read this blog before, you know my Little Man doesn't usually look like this.  For several weeks we've been visiting doctors and trying to figure out what's going on.  His nose and eyes swelled, turned reddish-purple, and he strongly resembled a sleepy raccoon who was too tired to eat sometimes.  We finally have a diagnosis, though - and it's only fall allergies!  Getting the right meds took  time, as there were crazy insurance issues, but we have those, as well, and he's now on the mend.  I'm so thankful that it's something simple and treatable and that we's getting well!


One day after school we found this snake on the deck.  At first we were too scared to go near it, but after it stayed put for a while, I ventured closer and realized that it was only half of a snake.  Eventually even that part disappeared.  I think the cats are doing their thing - and I'm so grateful that they not only killed it, but even removed it for us.


Speaking of cats, we said goodbye to Tiger the kitten last night.  She was fun and feisty and always up for an adventure, but someone called in response to our posters, and she has a new home with a little girl.  Two more and mommy cat to go!  Anybody want a free kitten?


My Big Helper called and talked to her grandparents one day last week - for quite some time.  I love that they are responsible with the phone and are eager to talk with their family - and equally thankful that their family wants to talk with them!


What blessings did you receive this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment