Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Great Pinterest Challenge #3 -Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps

It's time for the next Pinterest challenge!




I decided to make these Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps from The Other Side of Fifty.  I'm so glad I did - they are savory and sweet all at the same time.  The crispiness of the bacon sets off the tenderness of the chicken perfectly.  I served this as the protein part of our dinner one night because I just couldn't wait any longer to try them - and now that I have, they'll be a regular part of our party menu.


These wraps are super simple to make, and if you are making them for a party, you could have them prepped ahead and in the fridge, ready to pop in the oven when your guests arrive.  


Here's what I did:


Cut a pound of skinless, boneless chicken breasts or tenders into one-inch square pieces.  Cut 1/2 pound of bacon strips into 1/3s.


Wrap each piece of chicken with a strip of bacon and 'pin' with a toothpick.  (I also stuck a small sliver of onion into each.  It tasted great, but I think it would've been better if I had caramelized the onions first so that the texture would be more similar to that of the chicken.)


In a small dish, combine:


2/3 c. brown sugar
1 t. ground red pepper
1 t. chili powder
dash of freshly ground black pepper


Dredge each appetizer in the brown sugar mixture and place on a baking rack on top of a foil-lined baking sheet.  (I used a broiler pan, which kept most of my meat out of the grease.)


Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees.


Enjoy!


** Voting for the Pinterest Challenge opens on October 28th.  I'd appreciate your votes - and be sure to pin these wraps.  They're wonderful!  Thanks, The Other Side of Fifty!

the pinterest challenge


Addicted to Recipes Button, Page button

No comments:

Post a Comment