Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, January 2, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - January 2, 2012

The holidays are over and we're headed into the regular work of it all - taking down the tree, packing away the decorations, and finding room for new gifts among the old.  We've had lots of wonderful family time here over the past month, and hoping to find time to squeeze in more of this as we all go back to our regular schedules.  I also feel as if I've only been cooking in spurts since we've had lots of leftovers and party-like meals, so I'm looking forward to more consistently healthy meals.  Here's my plan:

Suppers:
- Sprinkly whole-wheat pancakes with applesauce and oranges
- Cheeseburger soup
- Grilled chicken with stir-fried veggies, rice, and dumplings
- Chicken noodle soup, breadsticks
- Chicken spinach pasta bake
- Baked taco potatoes, fruit
- Grab it and growl

I think I'm going to make some of these, too, with the last of the leftover mashed potatoes.  My Big Helper and I love them (though I'm going to try to bake them).

My Little Man and I will also hit the grocery store tomorrow to stock up on whatever fruits are on sale, as well as hunt for some cheese and veggies.  I'm going to make some snack packs to keep in the fridge for when we start craving all those cookies we've been eating - time to get back on track with healthier foods.

What's on your menu for the week?


For more Menu Plan Monday, visit OrgJunkie!

2 comments:

  1. Those potato croquettes look SO good! I usually make potato cakes with our leftover mashed potatoes--and my kids love them--but I bet they would love these, too:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Lora,

    We like those croquettes a lot! This was my first attempt at a potato cake. Yum!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete