Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - January 23, 2012


This is my last regular week of helping my friend - yay! - and then My Little Man and I will be back to our regular schedule.  She needs a LOT of help this week, though, so we're working three days instead of one.  I'm thinking that my Crock Pot will get a workout this week!

We'll be keeping breakfasts simple with yogurt, fruit, and granola parfaits.  I'll post the recipe for my homemade granola on Thursday.

Lunches will be our usual assortment of leftovers or sandwiches with fruit or veggies and cheese.

Dinner:
- chicken pot pie soup, biscuits
- Mexican pizzas with beef and beans, corn, rice
Crock pot lasagna, garlic bread


- hot dogs cooked in the fireplace (my son's request!), baked sweet potatoes, carrot sticks, apples, peanut butter ball
- dinner out for my husband's FORTIETH
- honey sauced chicken with rice and veggies
- Grab it and Growl

I've also been trying hard to eat lots more veggies than I did over Christmas, and that's going well.  I feel much better - though I do still crave something sweet from time to time.  If my man and I can find a bit of time, we'll try making Grandma's gingerbread (for his G unit) and some oatmeal cookies for us to share.

Oh, and for the birthday boy?  I'm still not 100% sure how we're going to celebrate, but the kids are very excited about cake and ice cream.  I think we'll try this one, and maybe, as I did once before for him, we can shape it like a giant golf ball.  That was in the pre-kid era, and I think they'll get a kick out of that.

What's going to be on your plate this week?


For more Menu Plan Monday, visit OrgJunkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment