Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, February 20, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - February 20, 2012

Whew, what a crazy week!  It was 69 only two days ago, but it's snowing now!  I don't think I'll every get used to Southern weather.

Being a SAHM keeps you quite busy.  Somehow My Little Man and I have plans away from home four days this week, with the Big Helper having one of those days off from school.  We're getting company for the weekend, too - yay! - so it's sure to be a big week.

Here are our meal plans so far:

Breakfasts:
- scrambled eggs, toast, oranges


- yogurt, bananas, and Cinnamon Almond Granola


- Perfectly Pumpkin Pancakes

Lunches:
Lunches will be our usual assortment of leftovers or sandwiches with cheese or yogurt and sliced fruits or veggies.

Dinners:
- Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches with oatmeal cookies for dessert


- Chili, cornbread muffins, applesauce
- Mexican baked potatoes (topped with black beans, cheese, corn, and salsa)


- Spaghetti with Bolognese sauce, salad, applesauce

- Pizza, carrot sticks
- Baked chicken, crashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, applesauce
- Grab it and growl

It's going to be a big food week, too.  Tuesday is Fastnacht Day, so we'll make our fastnachts on Monday and then share them with friends the next day.  I love that tradition!  Following that, it will be my last sweet for the duration of Lent, so I'm particularly looking forward to them this year.  I haven't found a fastnacht recipe that I like enough to use more than once, but this year we're going with this one.  It's not really a true fastnacht, but it will give the kids the right idea and be a smidge healthier than the real thing.

I'm excited to be sharing a special family-friendly Lenten project that I've been working on here tomorrow!  Come back and check it out.  


For more Menu Plan Monday, visit OrgJunkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment