Being a SAHM keeps you quite busy. Somehow My Little Man and I have plans away from home four days this week, with the Big Helper having one of those days off from school. We're getting company for the weekend, too - yay! - so it's sure to be a big week.
Here are our meal plans so far:
- scrambled eggs, toast, oranges
- yogurt, bananas, and Cinnamon Almond Granola
- Perfectly Pumpkin Pancakes
Lunches will be our usual assortment of leftovers or sandwiches with cheese or yogurt and sliced fruits or veggies.
- Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches with oatmeal cookies for dessert
- Chili, cornbread muffins, applesauce
- Mexican baked potatoes (topped with black beans, cheese, corn, and salsa)
- Spaghetti with Bolognese sauce, salad, applesauce
- Baked chicken, crashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, applesauce
- Grab it and growl
It's going to be a big food week, too. Tuesday is Fastnacht Day, so we'll make our fastnachts on Monday and then share them with friends the next day. I love that tradition! Following that, it will be my last sweet for the duration of Lent, so I'm particularly looking forward to them this year. I haven't found a fastnacht recipe that I like enough to use more than once, but this year we're going with this one. It's not really a true fastnacht, but it will give the kids the right idea and be a smidge healthier than the real thing.
I'm excited to be sharing a special family-friendly Lenten project that I've been working on here tomorrow! Come back and check it out.
For more Menu Plan Monday, visit OrgJunkie.