A friend told me about this treat a few weeks ago, and we made it for our Big Helper's school Valentine's Day party. It came together in minutes!
This is super simple to make, keeps much longer than typical popcorn, and can be personalized with your favorite treats. It's sweet but with a healthy base, so you can feel better about serving this than many other sweet treats. We added M&Ms this time for a colorful pop, but next time we'll try some nuts and raisins. Yum!
To make your own White Chocolate Popcorn, you'll need:
- 1 batch of popcorn
- 1/2 bag of white chocolate chips
- your choice of add-ins (we used a handful of M&Ms)
You'll have your own white chocolate popcorn ready in under 15 minutes.
- Prepare your popcorn and leave plain. Put in a really big bowl.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent scorching.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn. Working quickly, stir the popcorn until completely coated with the chocolate.
- Add mix-ins and spread out on dish towels to dry. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to several days.
What would you add to a chocolatey popcorn treat mix?