Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, July 30, 2012

GratiTuesday - Sew Ready


Two weeks ago, while sewing my Big Helper's safari vest, my sewing machine suddenly stopped working. Everything appeared to be okay, but the thread no longer stayed in the holes punched by the needle.

Since I couldn't figure out what was wrong and thought it must be a simple fix, I started asking those around me who sew.  One person thought it might have something to do with the parts behind the bobbin case, so I started poking around - and suddenly they came out.  I was quite proud of myself for figuring out how to get a look at the part I needed to see.

Except then I couldn't figure out how to put those two parts back in.

Ouch.

After trying repeatedly to figure out it, I finally remembered to ask my husband about it while he was home.

So after work last night he sat down at my machine. 

It was rather funny at first because he stared at the machine, picking up parts and putting them back down, convincing me that he'd never sat in front of a sewing machine before.

After a few questions about what the bobbin was and where it was supposed to go, he got to work.

Soon he got the Nook and settled in for some serious research, but it wasn't long until he called me and I found the machine looking like this:


I tested it rather nervously, thinking that its completeness didn't necessarily mean that the original weird problem was fixed - but it is.  I'm not sure how, but I don't think I mind.

It works.

So today the Big Helper and I will start on the list of projects that have been piling up:  some mending, some creating, some teaching - and I can't wait for us to sew together.

I'm sew grateful for a husband who is willing to attempt what he never has before, to step out of his comfort zone, to go seeking the answers he needs.  Looking at diagrams and schematics would've crossed my eyes and blown my top, but in a matter of minutes he had the whole thing figured out and repaired.  I'm glad that God creates us all differently!

For more GratiTuesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers.






No comments:

Post a Comment