Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

GratiTuesday - A Most Generous Gift

Have you ever just had one of those days? Where the hours were just full of little, small irritants that, by themselves, shouldn't be any big deal but when lumped together in the absence of chocolate make for a totally crazy day?

I had one of those last week.

Tears came too easily and I knew I was being needlessly grumpy.  I was surprised, then, when an offhand remark to a new, bloggy friend was returned with a most generous offer.

I'm sure she didn't know about my weepy disposition, but her offer was both generous and mood brightening.  A task that she is gifted to do is impossible for me, and being blessed by her talent is exciting - especially as her offer goes far beyond what I ever hoped to learn for myself.

We're reading Francis Chan's Crazy Love in Sunday school.  This exchange reminded me of our challenge to love without limits and to hold nothing back - but with me on the receiving end.  It would've been so easy for this lovely lady to move right on past my question, or to take it in the businesslike way I intended it, but instead she stepped out in kindness and offered me something that's going to cost her time, brainpower, and talent.

Seeing her kindness soothed my stressed spirit, but more than that, after a sigh of relief and some excited bouncing, it challenged me.  Have I stepped out in love and faith like that for anyone lately, or I have I been totally focused on my own crazy schedule and been wrapped up in my own 'stuff?'

So tonight I'm both convicted and grateful.  Convicted of my own selfishness and grateful for her generosity. It's encouraging to know that there are people out there who are willing to be radically kind to someone they've only just virtually met.

So if you have a graphic design need or could use a really awesome personal planner, hop on over to Tatorbug Creations.  I like what I've seen of her work - but her character is outstanding.

For more GratiTuesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment