Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Inspired Wednesday - Batter Up!


It's that time again - fall sports are here.

We're actually halfway through this sports season, but I've only been able to see a few of our team's baseball games.  A full half sit squarely on top of our Big Helper's soccer games, and since Daddy is the baseball coach, that leaves me to cheer on the soccer team.

I don't mind - I want to see all of every game, so I'm glad that I get to be there for the soccer ones, but I'm a bit sad that I'm missing so much of my son's baseball season.

Last night I got to be there for a game.  I've missed several in a row, so it was extra exciting to climb onto the bleachers to cheer the team on.  With my Big Helper acting as Bat Girl and my husband on the pitching mound, I planted myself and prepared to cheer.

The air was crisp, the sun was setting, and the field lights were bright.  The team was batting well and hitting deep into the outfield.  Despite this, one rough inning early in the game kept the score tight, and each team dug in to fight hard.  




My Little Man came up to bat.  He missed the first few pitches and then hit one hard to left field.  He ran to first and paused, but the base coach waved him on.  He stopped at second, but the coach at third waved and called, and with a big grin, he took off running.  
My Little Man had to stop at third as the ball came back to the infield.  He was all smiles - but was biting his lip hard trying to be cool and nonchalant.  It only worked so well - he was too happy to have hit his very first triple - and this Mommy is ecstatic to have been there.

Are you a sports Mom?

Be sure to check out Stephanie's Inspired Wednesday post over at The Multi Taskin' Mom!


A Nest in the Rocks

 

No comments:

Post a Comment