Striving to create a home strong in the foundations of love, respect, and God's truths ...

Monday, May 12, 2014

Reading and Sorting and Resting, Oh, My!

We're keeping things simple today.

I planned to continue work on a school project my Big Helper has begun, and for My Little Man to continue in his baseball study, but it's hot today.  We've had a big few days, and we're all worn out.

Instead of working on school projects or major household chores - also on the to-do list - we're resting.

The kids have been reading books most of the morning.  We've colored together.  One is currently sorting baseball cards, and the other is curled up in bed, reading again.

I'm about to go switch the loads of laundry and join them.

Sometimes these down days are really nice.  We need the opportunity rest our bodies and our brains, and I know that rather than lose the momentum that we had going, we'll hit tomorrow rested and running.

What are you up to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment